Construction, Boundaries and Planning
CVSD Delivers... More Projects!
All 2015 construction bond projects were completed on time and on budget. In addition to the original $121.9 million bond in 2015, we received state matching funds – 85¢ for every $1 – for an additional $104 million. AND, we were able to complete two additional schools than were originally promised—Riverbend Elementary and a new North Pines Middle School.
All 2018 bond projects are again on time and on budget. The $129.9 million bond provided for much-needed expanded capacity for our secondary students:
- the new Selkirk Middle School (opened fall 2019),
- the renovated Horizon Middle School (opening fall 2020)
- and the new Ridgeline High School (opening fall 2021)
Because of comprehensive planning, state match, and a cost-eﬀective bid for the new high school construction, we are able to – yet again – deliver more than originally promised.
Additional Projects added to the 2018 Bond
An even playing ﬁeld: Synthetic turf at all 3 comprehensive high schools
Because we received a cost-eﬀective bid for not only building the new Ridgeline High School, but also for the addition of a synthetic turf ﬁeld, we were able to get competitive pricing for upgrading Central Valley and University High School's ﬁelds as well. All three will have green synthetic turf branded with their names and logos.
Without the need for grass recovery in between playing or practice time, we are able to increase the opportunity for student activities by as much as four times (or more) than the current on-ﬁeld time. That's a lot of opportunity for kids in band, color guard, soccer, Lacrosse, football, our middle school teams, youth leagues and more. The existing ﬁelds will be complete by fall of 2020 and the new ﬁeld will open with Ridgeline in 2021.
Riverbend Elementary Addition: Designed to Grow! Making room for more elementary students
Riverbend Elementary was originally designed with the ability to add a wing and space to serve another 88 students—for a total of 624. The available funds will allow us to complete Phase 2 construction by fall 2020. The increased capacity will help us minimize the need for overﬂowing students.
HVAC Upgrades: Keeping school cool (or warm)
We are already upgrading heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) at Broadway, Progress and University elementary schools as well as Summit as part of the bond to be completed by summer 2020. Now, we were also able to upgrade the HVAC system at our next school slated for improvements due to age and normal wear and tear – Central Valley High School – completed in November 2019.
- These funds are only able to be utilized on new or improved capital facilities.
- It would be a wasted opportunity not to take advantage of this low bid market and make these capital facilities improvements now.
- It would cost more to implement any these projects in the future.
- It would also be opportunity lost for our kids and the increased activities and capacity that these improvements bring.
- By doing these projects now, it also allows us to maximize resources for the future—focusing on what is needed most.
Watch your construction bond dollars at work...
- Ridgeline High School Construction - CVSD's New Comprehensive High School
- Boundary Review - High School
- Horizon Middle School Renovation & Expansion
- Selkirk Middle School Construction
- Boundary Review - Middle School
- View Construction Videos
- Sign Up for Construction Updates
- 2018 Construction Bond & Levy Information
- Construction from 2015 Construction Bond Completed
- Leveraging the 2015 Construction Bond