About Us » Community Involvement

Community Involvement

Volunteer in Our Schools
Volunteer your time and talents! As a volunteer, you can help in classrooms, work individually with students, help with office tasks, and more. If you are interested in volunteering as a coach, please contact the athletic director in your school.

Distribute Flyers or Other Information in Our Schools
We receive many requests from local organizations to distribute flyers and other materials in our schools. We review requests from community-based, non-profit organizations on a weekly basis. If approved, the flyer will be placed on an information table in the lobby of our schools for parents, students and visitors to pick up. We do not send approved flyers home with students. Approved flyers intended for school staff are placed in the staff lounge. Review the procedures listed below or call 558-5532, for more information.
Request Use of School Facilities & Playfields
When not needed for school activities, some school facilities may be available for public use.
No playfields are available for use until April 1st (not before)
Available for use:
  • Keystone (on McDonald): Inside facilities are NOT available / playfields are available
  • Liberty Lake Elementary: Inside facilities are available / playfields are scheduled through the City of Liberty Lake
Outside playfields at the following schools are currently not available for use:
  • Central Valley Virtual Learning
  • Chester Elementary
  • Early Learning Center / Mica Peak High School
  • Greenacres Elementary
  • Horizon Middle School
  • Liberty Creek Elementary
  • North Pines Middle School
  • Ponderosa Elementary
  • Riverbend Elementary
  • Spokane Valley Tech
If you are interested in using gyms, multipurpose rooms or athletic fields, contact your school secretary.

Facilities are available for community use according to priorities established by the School Board as explained in the Administrative Procedure linked below. If extra custodial or utilities services are not required, the district usually does not charge “not-for-profit” groups. If the proposed use is by “for-profit” groups, the district establishes a fee schedule which is in line with rental of similar privately-owned space.

1. Read guidelines: Administrative Procedure 4260AP
2. Complete form: Permit for Use of School Facilities & Playfields 
3. Email to: sgates@cvsd.org or to the respective school, or submit in-person.
Questions? Please contact Sue Gates at (509) 558-5482.