New Student Enrollment
Be sure to register for the correct year–this year or next year. If you register for the wrong year, you will need to start over.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS – Please have the following documents ready to upload; enrollment is not considered complete until all documents have been submitted and any applicable fees have been paid.
- Birth Certificate or other Verification: We accept a variety of documents for verifying a student's age or legal name, including birth certificates, passports, adoption records, previously verified school records or other documents permitted by law.
- Current Electric Bill – (Avista, Inland Power, Vera, etc.). If not available, a lease agreement may be temporarily accepted (30 days).
- Certificate of Immunization Status – may be completed by hand, printed from the WA Immunization Information System (IIS) or printed by signing up with MyIR.
- Certificate of Exemption – required only if you are claiming an exemption for a required immunization. For more information: Department of Health FAQs
- Request for Student Records – required only if your student is transferring from another district
For immunization information or other health concerns, please visit our School Nurses page.
If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact your child's school. During the summer when school offices are closed, call our District Office at 558-5400.
Preschool registration begins April 12 for the 2021-2022 school year. Children need to be at least 3 but not yet 5 by August 31. Please call 558-5810 to speak with a Family Support Specialist about enrollment.To learn more, visit: Central Valley Early Learning Center
Summit is a public school of choice for students in grades K-8 and is affiliated with Expeditionary Learning Schools. Please visit Summit School for information about enrollment and waiting lists or call 558-3250 during office hours.
Parents, guardians or emancipated students interested in transferring to another school, or online school, should complete the appropriate form (below) and submit it to the principal of the building where they want to transfer. Schools follow district policy 3130AP to determine student transfers. Letters of approval or denial are sent to each student.
- Find School Transfer forms on the Forms & Documents page under "Registration-Related."
- Administrative Procedure 3130AP: District Area Transfers