Delays & Closures
If no new alerts are posted here or notifications sent directly to parents/guardians/staff through our Blackboard Connect messaging system, please assume that school will proceed as normal.
As always, if your student is unable to get to school safely on time, please call your school's attendance line to provide an excused absence.
When there is a two-hour delay, hot breakfast will not be served on that day due to quick turnaround for lunch being served within an hour.
Thank you as we work together in the best interest of our students.
If the school district announces a delay of the start of school Monday-Thursday, all morning preschool classes will be canceled. Afternoon preschool classes will begin at normal times. All day preschool and Extended Day will begin at the delayed time. If the delay occurs on a Friday, All day classes will be canceled and Extended Day will start 2 hours late (as we only have All Day classes and Extended Day on Fridays).
Classified Staff Delays:
- If you are a 189-day or 210-day employee, you would generally come into work two hours later than normal.
- However, if you are a 189-day or 210-day employee and your shift starts mid-day, you would report to work at your regular scheduled time.
- If you are a 260-day (year-round employee), you would report to work at your regular time or as soon as it is safe for you to report to work.
- All employees who help with snow/ice removal need to report to work at their regular time or as soon as it is safe for you to report to work. In some cases, we may ask you to report to work early to help remove snow/ice.
- If you do not arrive at your regular time, you need to either work with your supervisor to make up any missed time or take leave and report it on an employee absence report.
Certificated Staff Delays:
- Certificated staff may delay their reporting time by the same amount of time as the delayed start.