Harassment, Intimidation & Bullying
Central Valley is committed to a safe, civil educational environment for all students that is free from harassment, intimidation, or bullying.
DEFINITION OF HARASSMENT, INTIMIDATION, OR BULLYING:
- Physically harms a student or damages the student's property at school; or
- Has the effect of substantially interfering with a student's education; or
- Is so severe, persistent, or pervasive that it creates an intimidating or threatening educational environment; or
- Has the effect of substantially disrupting the orderly operation of the school.
Harassment, intimidation, or bullying can take many forms including slurs, rumors, jokes, innuendos, demeaning comments, drawings, cartoons, pranks, gestures, physical attacks, threats, or other written, oral, physical, or electronically transmitted messages or images.
INCIDENT REPORTING PROCESS
- Complete the Incident Reporting Form; available in English at the top right side of this page. Translations are available at the bottom of this page (Spanish, Russian, and Marshallese). If another language is needed, please contact us.
- Turn in the completed form to a school teacher, counselor, or principal.
- The principal will review and investigate the incident. Depending upon the frequency and severity of the conduct, intervention, counseling, correction, discipline, and/or referral to law enforcement will be used to remediate the impact on the victim and the climate and change the behavior of the perpetrator.
For the full CVSD Students' Rights and Responsibility Policy regarding harassment, intimidation, or bullying, please see this page.
CVSD COMPLIANCE OFFICERS
ADA and Section 504 Compliance Officer: Cindy Sothen, Executive Academic Officer
Phone: 509-558-5430 Email: [email protected]
HIB, Civil Rights, Gender Inclusive, Title IX Compliance Officer: Jay Rowell, Director of Special Projects
Phone: 509.558.5556 Email: [email protected]
2218 N. Molter Road, Liberty Lake, WA 99019
False reports or retaliation for harassment, intimidation, or bullying also constitute violations of CVSD Board Policy 3207.