Delays & Closures
There are no delays or closures at this time.
- If no alerts are posted here, or notifications sent directly to parents/guardians/staff through our messaging system, please assume that school will proceed as normal.
- As always, if your student is unable to get to school safely on time, please call your school's attendance line to provide an excused absence. Thank you as we work together in the best interest and safety of our students and staff.
- When school is on a delay, hot breakfast will not be served that day due to quick turnaround for lunch being served within an hour.
- Early Learning Center - delay, closure & late start information
CVSD Staff Only:
Classified Staff Delays:
- 189-day or 210-day employees should come into work one hour later than normal. However, 189-day or 210-day employees whose shifts start midday should report to work at their regularly scheduled time.
- If you are unable to arrive at your regular time, you need to either work with your supervisor to make up missed time or take leave and report it on an employee absence report.
- Nutrition Services employees should report to work at your regularly scheduled time or as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Employees who help with snow/ice removal need to report to work at their regular time or as soon as it is safe to do so. In some cases, you may be asked to report to work early to help remove snow/ice.
- 260-day (year-round) employees should report to work at the regular time or as soon as it is safe to do so.
- In the event of a school closure, only 260-day (year-round employees) should report to work. All other employees will be required to work on a future date that is deemed as the snow make-up day.
Certificated Staff Delays:
- Certificated staff may delay their reporting time by the same amount of time as the delayed start.