About Us - CVSD Profile & Quick Facts
- 14,696 students enrolled at 30 schools and learning centers
- 94% graduation rate
- 2,100+ employees [1,550 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees]
- 8th largest employer in Spokane County
- 890 highly-qualified teachers
- 14.1 years of average teacher experience
- 457 teachers with 15+ years experience
- 111 Nationally Board Certified teachers (Ranked 3rd in WA State)
- 15.9 average students per teacher (Student to Teacher Ratio for K-3rd = 17:1, 4-8th = 26-29:1, 9-12th = 32:1)
Did you know?
- Forbes listed CVSD as Washington’s 34th Best Employer and the only one actually headquartered in Spokane. CVSD is know for it's caring and compassionate culture.
Learn about our plans for the next five years...Fast Forward CVSD 2023-2028 Strategic Roadmap
From the past to the present...
80-square-mile district including: City of Liberty Lake, City of Spokane Valley and Spokane County
Who leads the District?
CVSD is governed by a five-member Board of Directors, elected by patrons in specific geographic areas of the district. The Superintendent reports to the School Board and leads the day-to-day operations of the district. Along with the Superintendent, district administration is lead by a team of directors, working closely with principals who oversee school building administration.
What are our programs?
How is the district funded?
- $238.6 million is CVSD's 2023-2024 General Fund Budget
- The district receives funding from state, federal and local sources.
- More than 86% of the district’s funding comes from the State of Washington and Federal programs.
- The remaining revenues, 14% flow from local taxpayers via the Educational Programs and Operations levy and LEA Local Effort Assistance.
- The district also maintains separate funds for capital projects, transportation vehicles, debt service and Associated Student Body (ASB) activities.
Our CVSD mission:
Our CVSD vision:Develop well-rounded, confident and academically-prepared individuals who aspire to achieve their full potential and contribute to their community.
Who we are...
We listen to our learners and help them forge their dreams into reality. We will work to ensure our academic and extracurricular programs are filled with opportunity fueled by individual choice.
We are Adaptive
We commit to consistently listening to our students, staff, families and community and staying organizationally nimble to make transparent decisions that reflect emerging needs.
We are Inclusive
We are a community that intentionally, continuously and systematically affirms the value of each student, family and staff member. We approach learners with curiosity, dignity and grace, knowing each is worthy and that there is a beautiful world of creativity, ingenuity and aspiration contained in each one.
We are Dynamic
As a school district, we seek new and innovative ways to provide a comprehensive, safe, relevant education to the whole child. We appreciate and realize that being dynamic can open the door to groundbreaking discovery. We are always advancing toward better ways of serving our students with truth and knowledge.
What we are committed to...
- Ensuring student academic success through high-quality, evidencebased, relevant and comprehensive
curriculum, vetted through our teaching professionals and the families we serve and supported by professional development to optimize curricular implementation and usage.
- Supporting our students’ mental health where every student has a sense of belonging, value and purpose in their educational experience and life.
- Maintaining transparency and high levels of communication with our families and community in matters impacting our students' education, health and wellbeing.
- Creating safe schools and learning environments where all students can thrive and be free from violence, bullying and harassment.