CVSD Profile & Quick Facts
- 14,875 students enrolled at 28 schools and learning centers
- 2,100+ employees [1,590 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees]
- 890 highly-qualified teachers
- 14.6 years of average teacher experience
- 457 teachers with 15+ years experience
- 115 Nationally Board Certified teachers (Ranked 3rd in WA State)
- 15.9 average students per teacher (Student to Teacher Ratio for K-3rd = 17:1, 4-8th = 26-29:1, 9-12th = 32:1)
Did you know?
Forbes listed CVSD as Washington’s 34th Best Employer and the only one actually headquartered in Spokane. CVSD is know for it's caring and compassionate culture.
From the past to the present...
Who Leads the District?
CVSD is governed by a five-member Board of Directors, elected by patrons in specific geographic areas of the district. Superintendent Ben Small reports to the School Board and leads the day-to-day operations of the district. Along with the Superintendent, district administration is lead by a team of directors, working closely with principals who oversee school building administration.
What are our programs?
How is the district funded?
- $207.8 million is CVSD's 2020/2021 General Fund Budget
- The district receives funding from state, federal and local sources.
- More than 81% of the district’s funding comes from the State of Washington.
- The remaining revenues flow from local taxpayers via the School Programs and Operations levy ($21.8 million), the federal government ($12.7 million) and other sources ($4.5 million).
- The district also maintains separate funds for capital projects, transportation vehicles, debt service and associated student body (ASB) activities.