CVSD Noteworthy Notes
Did you know?
- CVSD's 94% graduation rate remains higher than the state (82%) and national averages.
- 50.2% of all CVSD students complete dual credits.
- CVSD is the eighth largest employer in Spokane County with 2,100+ employees [1,550 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees].
- CVSD employs 890 highly-qualified teachers with an average teacher experience of 14.1 years. 457 teachers have more than 15 years experience. 63.1% have a masters degree or higher.
- CVSD has 111 Nationally Board Certified teachers (ranked 3rd in WA State).
- Forbes listed CVSD as Washington’s 34th Best Employer and the only one actually headquartered in Spokane.
- CVSD has an Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) FREE preschool program for eligible children.
CVSD offers an inclusive special services preschool with a variety of preschool options for children with developmental disabilities.