Business Services includes Accounting & Accounts Payable, Payroll, Purchasing and the Warehouse. The department is responsible for preparing and monitoring the district’s budget, financial statements, enrollment and other financial reports.
Accounting & Accounts Payable
- Records district financial transactions in accordance with federal, state and district regulations
- Oversees cash receipts and deposits
- Manages investment transactions in conjunction with the Spokane County Treasurer’s Office
- Provides fiscal reporting to the district, the public and state and federal agencies
- Coordinates the budget and monitors compliance
- Provides grant accounting and reporting
- Issues payments to suppliers for goods and services
- Reimburses employees for travel and other expenses
- Prepares billings for building rentals, reimbursements, grants, etc.
- Acts as district liaison to the WA State Auditor’s Office
- Provides accurate and timely paychecks to all employees
- Calculates monthly compensation in accordance with federal, state, district and union regulations
- Processes and maintains detailed records on various types of employees
- Complies with reporting requirements of wages/hours to various state and federal agencies, including the Department of Retirement Systems
- Calculates and withholds payments for over 100 different types of voluntary and mandatory deductions from employee paychecks
The Purchasing Department is responsible for initiating and maintaining effective and professional relationships with suppliers, and serves as the exclusive channel through which all requests regarding products and prices are handled. The department is responsible for maintaining a continuous supply of goods and services necessary to support the operation of the school district.
Purchasing Department: Bids, Quotes, Auctions and Information
The Warehouse provides a centralized, cost-saving distribution center for all CV schools. The Warehouse receives and handles thousands of items, including classroom, art, science and athletic supplies; cleaning and maintenance supplies; paper and office supplies; and electronics, equipment and furniture. Internal orders are placed through on-line requisitions. Orders are filled and delivered to the individual school sites. Non-refrigerated food commodities are also housed at the district Warehouse.