CVSD seeks Voters’ Pamphlet "For" and "Against" statement authors for Feb. 2024 Levies
The CVSD School Board will consider at their next regular meeting (November 27, 2023) a Replacement of the Expiring Educational Programs and Operations (EPO) Levy measure and a Capital Safety, Facilities and Technology Improvements Levy measure.
Levy information about the proposed replacement EPO levy and the capital levy are posted on the 2024 CVSD levy web page.
Should these measures be approved by the Board, CVSD is seeking applications from individuals interested in serving on committees to write the Spokane County Local Voters’ Pamphlet statements supporting or opposing each measure to appear on the February 13, 2024 Special Election ballot. (As per WA state law RCW 29A.32.280)
How to apply to write the supporting or opposing statements:
If you are interested in being considered by the district for appointment to either committee for either measure, please note the following:
Each committee shall have no more than three members. The Board will take into consideration criteria established by the Spokane County elections office for appointments made by the County, including that members must meet the following requirements:
- Be a registered voter in Central Valley School District,
- Have an email address with ability to communicate rapidly, and
- Agree to work collaboratively with co-committee members.
Please indicate whether you want to participate in the:
- Replacement of Expiring Educational Programs and Operations Levy "For” statement committee
- Replacement of Expiring Educational Programs and Operations Levy "Against” statement committee
- Capital Safety, Facilities and Technology Improvements Levy “For” statement committee
- Capital Safety, Facilities and Technology Improvements Levy “Against” statement committee
The district anticipates the CVSD School Board to officially appoint the “for” and “against” statement committee members, assuming volunteers step forward, at its regular board meeting on November 27, 2023, should the levy resolutions be approved.
Please see the Spokane County Local Voters’ Pamphlet – Administrative Rules for Jurisdictions for important information and requirements for the “for” or “against” statements.