Chromebooks & Help Desk
CVSD Help Desk: 509-558-5457
Call us for help with…
- Issues with Chromebooks
- Blackboard Learn, PowerSchool, MobyMax, Zearn, TCI, Springboard, MathXL, Clever, etc.
- Student and parent accounts and email; password re-sets
- Broken links and/or trouble with accessing instructional videos
- Compatibility related to devices, browsers, programs, etc.
- How to submit assignments, attach different file types, and view student grades
- How and when students can contact teachers
CURBSIDE SERVICE TECH SUPPORT
Are you looking for a little extra technology support? We have a curbside service technology support set up Tuesday and Thursday (9/22), 4-6pm at Central Valley High School (821 S Sullivan Road), Spokane Valley Tech (115 S University Road), University High School (12420 E 32nd Avenue), Evergreen Middle School (14221 E 16th Avenue), and Selkirk Middle School (1409 N. Harvest Parkway).
Just drive up and ask your technology questions: Questions about logging on? Looking how to attach or turn in an assignment? Wondering where to find something within the learning management system? Chromebook tech issues? How to view student grades? We have the answers and are here to help you. We look forward to seeing you.
Chromebook & Tech FAQs
- If you have an iPad from last year, you can exchange it for a Chromebook.
- Online Video Trainings
- Help Desk (see above)
- An Outreach Team & Curbside Service Support
2. Student Username is their student ID followed by @cvsd356.org
3. Student Password is their 8 digit birthdate
I am following the instructions from the school and can't get logged in, what should I do?
- If you have your own personal Chromebook, then you can use that and log in with the students CVSD username/email and password and it will work just as if it was a CVSD Chromebook.
- You can use your own laptop or desktop computer if it has a web camera available, as this would help facilitate the best virtual learning environment.
- If your child signs on to your own computer with their CVSD account, then you can download Microsoft 365 for free. here is a place in the right hand corner of the screen. However, our CVSD Chromebooks already have what you need and do not require Microsoft 365.
- Comcast - Free
- Comcast - Internet Essentials
- *Century Link
- On the Chromebook sign-in screen, select the profile you want to remove
- Next to the profile name, select the down arrow
- Select 'Remove this User'
- In the box that appears, select 'Remove this User'
- GoGuardian is a filtering solution on all district Chromebooks. It provides a layer of filtering on student devices when away from the district network and used at home. GoGuardian provides teachers the ability to remotely see student screens in real time and direct or limit the student’s ability to visit websites while in the classroom session. GoGuardian logs all web traffic and provides comprehensive historical information complete with screen shots and URL information.
- If there is a site that that needs to be opened, please work with your teacher, who can coordinate the process for opening those sites if necessary.