2020 School Reopening Planning
Planning to reopen Central Valley schools in the fall of 2020 is underway. We have convened a large group of stakeholders made up of parents, community leaders, educators and staff to work on this important task.
Our committees want to hear all of our parents' thoughts on this important topic. Your input matters greatly to us. We conducted direct survey input from almost 15,000 families through an online survey by Critical Data, a local research firm. These results will be available soon. There will be additional opportunities for feedback in July.
Follow this page throughout the process.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions you may have.
Guiding principles for reopening our schools in the fall of 2020:
- The Central Valley School District will meet our students, staff and community at their readiness level as we return to school in the fall. By doing so, we will build greater confidence in and deliver on our ability to provide a high quality educational experience for our students.
- We will provide in-person learning and teaching to the greatest extent allowable by local and state officials.
- We will adopt a robust virtual learning curriculum for all CVSD students that allows for continuity in the event of school closures or lack of in-person options for learning and teaching.
- We will plan for multiple scenarios and have the necessary health and safety protocols in place to protect students, staff, and community. By doing so we will be a resource to our health department in combating the COVID 19 outbreak.
Timeline to 2020 School Reopening:
- June 11, 2020 - OSPI Releases Reopening Washington Schools 2020 District Planning Guide
- June 16, 2020 - CVSD Reopening School Advisory Committee Meeting
- June 22, 2020 - School Board of Directors Regular Meeting
- June 24, 2020 - OSPI Releases Questions & Answers (Q&A) for Reopening
- July 7, 2020 - CVSD Reopening School Advisory Committee Meeting
- July 13, 2020 - School Board of Directors Regular Meeting
- July 21, 2020 - CVSD Reopening School Advisory Committee Meeting
- July 27, 2020 - School Board of Directors Regular Meeting: Consider CVSD Reopening Plan Resolution
- July 28-August, 2020 - Communication Regarding Reopening
- September 9, 2020 - School Begins
2020 School Reopening Advisory Committee:
We have convened a large group of stakeholders to work on this important task. Committee members were selected from our Parent Advisory Committee, which has representatives from of all of our schools; rounded out by community leaders, educators and staff with a range of skill sets to assist with this critical work. There were a large number of our community members willing to roll up their sleeves. While we could not have everyone on the committee, we value the essential input and enthusiasm from everyone.