2020 School Reopening
We will meet our families at their readiness level.
Questions about Options? See our FAQ
Kindergarten through 6th grade students, along with pre-school and all levels of special education, all have the option of attending school in person all day every school day. Seventh through twelfth grade began in a phased hybrid model on Feb. 1st. Then, 7-12th will be two days a week in the next phase of this hybrid model on March 1st.
We designed four virtual learning options for students:
CVSD has been working hard on reopening. Our school reopening plan includes detailed plans for both virtual learning and in-person learning. Based on guidance from the Spokane Regional Health District, we started the school year with a full virtual learning environment for all grade levels with the exception of special education. While our goal was to open for in-person learning, given current conditions with COVID-19, virtual learning was necessary to protect the health of our students, families, teachers, staff and community.
Reopening Parent Q&A Webinars with the Principals:
Middle School and high school webinars were held by each school. Look to your school for details.
Our CVSD Guiding Principles:
CVSD will meet our students, staff and community at their readiness level as we return to school. By doing so, we will build greater confidence in and deliver on our ability to provide a high quality educational experience for our students:
- We will provide in-person learning and teaching to the greatest extent allowable by local and state officials.
- We will adopt a robust virtual learning curriculum for all CVSD students that allows for continuity in the event of school closures or lack of in-person options for learning and teaching.
- We will plan for multiple scenarios and have the necessary health and safety protocols in place to protect students, staff, and community. By doing so we will be a resource to our health department in combating the COVID 19 outbreak.
Here is the Required Performance Criteria for Reopening Secondary schools to in-person learning, for Spokane County.
The following documents and videos provide a wealth of information for our parents and students. If you have any questions, please visit the pages at right (FAQs, help desk info, etc.) or contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Required Performance Criteria for Reopening Secondary
- OSPI, DOH, L&I Employer Health & Safety Requirements for School Scenarios
- OSPI Guidelines - including masks and social distancing
- OSPI Guidelines Q&A
- WA Department of Health Metrics for Reopening Schools
- Spokane Regional Health District Reopening Letter
- Washington State Department of Health
- What to do if you have suspected or confirmed COVID-19
- How to talk to your children about COVID-19