2020 School Reopening
We will continue to meet our families at their readiness level.
Questions? See our FAQ
All students have the option of attending school in person all day every school day.
We designed virtual learning and in-person learning options for all students:
CVSD's school reopening plan includes detailed plans for both virtual learning and in-person learning. Based on Spokane Regional Health District (SRHD) guidance, we started the school year with a full virtual learning environment for all grade levels with the exception of special education. While our goal was to open for in-person learning, given current conditions with the COVID-19 global pandemic, virtual learning was necessary to protect the health of our students, families, teachers, staff and community.
Our CVSD Guiding Principles:
CVSD will meet our students, staff and community at their readiness level as we return to school. By doing so, we will build greater confidence in and deliver on our ability to provide a high quality educational experience for our students:
- We will provide in-person learning and teaching to the greatest extent allowable by local and state officials.
- We will adopt a robust virtual learning curriculum for all CVSD students that allows for continuity in the event of school closures or lack of in-person options for learning and teaching.
- We will plan for multiple scenarios and have the necessary health and safety protocols in place to protect students, staff, and community. By doing so, we will be a resource to our health department in combating the COVID 19 outbreak.
Here is the Required Performance Criteria for Reopening Secondary schools to in-person learning, for Spokane County.
The following documents and videos provide a wealth of information for our parents and students. If you have any questions, please visit the pages at right (FAQs, help desk info, etc.) or contact us at: email@example.com.
- OSPI, DOH, L&I Employer Health & Safety Requirements for School Scenarios
- OSPI Guidelines - including masks and social distancing
- OSPI Guidelines Q&A
- WA Department of Health Metrics for Reopening Schools
- Spokane Regional Health District Reopening Letter
- Washington State Department of Health
- What to do if you have suspected or confirmed COVID-19
- How to talk to your children about COVID-19