COVID - Expectations & Protocols
Parents will be notified via direct phone calls:
- If your child is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, the school will contact the parents to pick up their student.
- For coordination of testing and protocols for the result of the test.
*When your child is tested, please contact the school immediately after you receive results. You will be able to tell us faster than we will hear from the health district and the information can be critical in identifying close contacts faster.
Parents will be notified by email and/or recorded phone call if:
- Another student in your child’s class has exhibited symptoms and is isolating/being tested.
- Your child has been identified as a close contact of someone who is being tested and your child needs to quarantine.
- A student in your child’s class is tested. You will be notified of the result of that test and next steps from that result.
- There is a confirmed case in your student’s class.
- There are two or more positive cases in a 14 day period in your child’s class and the class will be quarantining and shifting to online learning.
- In K-6, a class at your child’s school will be quarantining, but your child’s class is not affected.
- In 7-12, if your child shares a classroom with a positive case and your child needs to be quarantined (will depend on the incidence rate in the community).
- If there are enough quarantined classrooms at your child’s school that the entire school will be quarantining and shifting to online learning.
Parents will receive a quarantine letter if:
- Your child has been identified as a close contact of someone with a close case and needs to quarantine.
NOTE: Due to voluntary COVID testing, approved by SRHD, students or staff may be able to return to school sooner than previous protocols.