The Purchasing Department ensures Central Valley School District staff has the necessary materials, supplies, and equipment to successfully perform the district’s responsibility – education of our students!
With the exception of textbooks, the manner in which we procure furniture, supplies, equipment, building improvements or repairs, or other work or purchases for the district must be in compliance with RCW 28A.335.190.
The Purchasing Department is responsible for initiating and maintaining effective and professional relationships with suppliers, and serves as the exclusive channel through which all requests regarding products and prices are handled. The department is responsible for maintaining a continuous supply of goods and services necessary to support the operation of the school district.
The Purchasing Department:
- Ensures the uninterrupted flow of materials of acceptable quality to the right place and at the right time.
- Develops reliable alternate sources of supply to meet district requirements.
- Complies with anti-trust laws and all other applicable state and federal regulations.
- Purchases materials and services for the district at the maximum end-use value per dollar spent, considering the guidelines of price, service, quality and delivery.
- Resolves complaints on all purchases of goods and services.
- Provides leadership in the standardization of materials, supplies, equipment, services, and procedures.