The Central Valley School District’s Kindergarten program focuses on building learning skills in a climate that enhances the development of each child. The program emphasizes an enthusiasm for learning and the ability to work with others. We work closely with families to meet the academic and social needs of our youngest students with a program that focuses on all academic areas.
Registration for Fall 2014 will begin on March 6, 2014 during school hours. Registration packets will be available in schools beginning February 27. Completed registration packets will be accepted by each "home" school starting March 6 at 8:00 a.m.
To enroll in Kindergarten, your child must be five years of age on or before August 31. To register your child, visit the school your child should attend -- your "home" school. (Click here to access district enrollment boundary maps.). Be ready to present:
- Up-to-date immunization records (Immunization Requirements) (pdf)
- State-certified birth certificate
- Proof of residence - child's home address verified with a copy of a current electric bill
Kindergarten Options for Chester, Ponderosa, South Pines, Sunrise Elementary and Central Valley Kindergarten Center
Kindergarten Registration Parent Guide for 2014-2015 (pdf)
Half Day Kindergarten – Every Day (AM or PM)
Your child attends school in the morning or afternoon on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays for 2.5 hours and on Thursdays for 2.0 hours. This traditional option is available in five schools.
Full Day Kindergarten - Every Day
Your child attends school for a full day, five days a week. Also called Extended Day, this option includes regular Kindergarten in the morning (no cost) and an extended Kindergarten educational program in the afternoon (tuition-based on a parent-paid sliding scale). Elementary schools offering the full day/tuition-based Kindergarten option include:
- Central Valley Kindergarten Center - 228-5380 (serves all kindergarten students residing in Greenacres and Liberty Lake enrollment areas)
- Chester Elementary - 228-4150
- Ponderosa Elementary - 228-4450
- South Pines Elementary - 228-4400
- Sunrise Elementary - 228-4600
Registered Kindergarten students within the school’s attendance area are eligible for the full day/tuition-based program, on a first-come/paid basis. Registration is $40 per child (non-refundable). Out of attendance area children will be allowed to enroll on a space available basis. Once the class is filled, a waiting list will be maintained.
Monthly Fees for the 2014/2015 School Year:
- Student qualifies for Free Meals - $315/month
- Student qualifies for Reduced Price Meals - $320/month
- Student does not qualify for Free/Reduced Price Meals - $325/month
Kindergarten Options for Adams, Broadway, McDonald, Opportunity, Progress and University Elementary
Kindergarten Parent Guide for 2014-2015 (pdf)
Full Day Kindergarten - Every Day
Your child attends school for a full day, five days a week at no cost. Recent Legislative and school board action have funded tuition-free Full Day Kindergarten in six of Central Valley's highest poverty schools. These schools include:
- Adams Elementary - 228-4000
- Broadway Elementary - 228-4100
- McDonald Elementary - 228-4350
- Opportunity Elementary - 228-4550
- Progress Elementary - 228-4500
- University Elementary - 228-4650
Registered Kindergarten students within the school’s attendance area are eligible for the full day/tuition-free program. Half Day Kindergarten is not offered at these six schools. Parents who would prefer their child attend half-day kindergarten (AM or PM) should call 228-5425 to discuss options available in other Central Valley elementary schools.