Viking Quest Instructions
Today you get to be Vikings! You are going on a quest. The point of this exercise is to expose you to further information about the Vikings. Please make sure you are recording information as you go through your quest. Answer the questions in complete sentences on a separate sheet of paper.
This is the website you need to go to:
1. What is the time of the great Viking raids?
2. What is the challenge you are presented with? Why?
3. Why would a Viking raider want to take on this challenge? Think about your answer to this question and answer it thoroughly.
4. Compare the three settlements you can start from and explain which one you chose and why.
5. Which longship did you pick? Why?
6. Describe the construction of a longship.
7. You have made several decisions that will impact your journey – what problems could you see possibly arising from these decisions?
8. When picking your crew, which people did you add? Why?
9. Describe your voyage and landing.
10. What occurred when you attacked the monastery?
11. Summarize the end of your quest (discuss the voyage home and the results).
12. Identify what you learned about the Vikings during this experience.